Colossians 4:2-6New (NLT)
2 Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. 3 Pray for us, too, that God will give us many opportunities to speak about his mysterious plan concerning Christ. That is why I am here in chains. 4 Pray that I will proclaim this message as clearly as I should.
5 Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be gracious and attractive[a] so that you will have the right response for everyone.
4:2 “Further Instructions”… What were the previous instructions?
3:15 – “Let the peace of Christ rule your heart”
3:15 – “Be thankful”
3:16 – “Let the word of Christ dwell in you”
3:17 – “Whatever you “do”: Wives, Husbands, Children, Fathers, Slaves (workers), Masters (owners-bossees)
Speaking to God:
- “Prayer” = “Wireless communication”!!
- Pray with devotion (Verse 2)
- Acts 2:42, and Chicago Cubs fans (devoted!)
- I Thessalonians 5:17 Always be in Prayer
- Pray with watchfulness (Verse 2)
- Like a sentry on a watch
- I Peter 5:18
- Pray with Thankfulness (Verse 2)
- Be thankful for His: Power; Presence; Provision; Pardon; Promises; Personality
Speaking to Others About God:
- Be wise (Verse 5)
- Be opportunistic (Verse 5)
- Be gracious (Verse 6)
- Be “appetizing” (Verse 6)
- Be ready (Verse 6)