Week of May 16, 2017
We celebrate last week’s baptism of Olivia Lowther. She is a senior at Uniontown High School. Two weeks ago we welcomed Carl & Shirley Reynolds to our congregation.
The WCS group will meet next
The Church board will also meet next Sunday.
. At our Wednesday evening Bible Study we spend time in prayer, and dive into the Word. We’re studying the life & ministry of Jesus. 6:30 Wednesdays.
. RADA cutlery is still available. Marie has a catalog to check out what is available, plus the WCS will be selling it at their Rummage Sale on June 10.
Our efforts for this summer’s Vacation Bible School will feature a new approach. The program will be held on Wednesday evenings for 4 consecutive weeks, and the grand closing program on Sunday.
* Dates are: Wed. July 12, 19, 26 & Aug 2. With the closing on Sunday the 6th.
* Times are: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
* Theme is: “ Finding Glory ”
Our first motorcycle trip will be on Saturday, June 24 rain or shine. There will be a cookout associated with this one, and other churches are joining us. Please see Barry Bryner if you’re interested.
The WCS Rummage Sale will be held on , June 10. As you bring donations into the church please take them downstairs to the room under the steps, there are shelves for most items. Thanks.
“ HOIST THE CUP”
* I Peter 1:3-9
* A Living Hope (via the resurrection!!)
A Lasting Inheritance:
– Never Dies – Never Spoils – Never Fades
* On our way to __HEAVEN__ we will encounter numerous __TRIALS__. These are:
- __EXPECTED____ I Peter _______
- __VARIED____: “___TEMPTED” (Satan)
- __HARD_: = “Grief” (Garden/mourning)
* HOW do we face trials?
* “__HOPE__” = __A_ CONFIDENT _EXPECTATION_THAT_GOD_IS_WORKING_ON_OUR_BEHALF_
* Hope: – IS CENTERED ON GOD
– COMES TO US BY GOD’S GRACE
– IS A DEFENSE
– IS REASONABLE
– HAS A BASIS
+++ The blessings of this ‘hope’??
1 – Growth
2 – Joy
LAST WEEK: “PARKER ”
* We are ‘Called Out’, ‘Chosen’. It’s always fun to be chosen for good things. Our inner child celebrates when our name is called out by the Hostess at a favorite restaurant.
* I Peter 1:1-5
* Deuteronomy 30:11-17
- Love the Lord 2. Walk in His ways 3. Keep His
* YOUR ‘HEART’ IS KEY “Be transformed by the
.The communion preparation list has some open months!
VCC is developing a Facebook page, and upgrading the website (vanderbiltchurchofchrist.com), and we thank Teresa Gallagher and Lynn for helping in these projects.
Our thanks goes to numerous folks who have been helping with a handful of building upgrades. Things are looking great… and more improvements are in the works. If you’d like to help please see Joe, Bill G., or Mike G. THANKS!
The VISION 2020 Project – The Camp is working to eliminate the debt on the Millhouse, and the new bridge, by the year 2020. Camp-Christian.org
* Our Sympathy Goes To:the McLaughlin family on the loss of their son.
* Cancer: Kevin Fuson/Kay G’s cousin; Bill Little; Lisa Timms; Cindy McLaughlin; Larry Hodge; Lou Moore; Tanya Gray; Tracy Gray; Tammy Garlick; Pete; Ellen Brown; Jim huey; Kim Harkins; Amy Kremposky; Merna Ulbach/set-backs; Roy Starr; Tom Jawoski; Doug Ward; Jamilynn Broadwater/ 15yr old relative of Marilyn Banko; Doug Ward; Frankie Jones.
* Various Concerns Jake & Joann Secrest; Tom Lonce; Darrel Thompson; Dorothy Lonce; Terri Winterhalter; Jessica Everly/Various issues; Ed Titterington/ Stroke; Aaron Yoder; Katie Pitts/For mental wellness; Silent/unspoken needs, folks with legal problems, & the lost; Our military & families; Ashley Azzardi; Katie Guynn; Dave Anderson (Stacey Kish’s father); Joanne Bryner/Collar is OFF, and she’s back at home!; Adam Morgan/ 42yr. old, Guillain-Barre Syndrome/improving; Dawn Shahan; Tammy Haye/Recent stroke, in rehab; Marcus Santana/memory issues after auto accident; Charles Winkler (Uncle of Donna Bryner), Mini-stroke; TiffanyAdobato/Light stroke; Janet Frick/treatment this past week/bad reaction/trip to ER; Scott Haye/ICU, Pgh; Larry Vilk; Irma O’Neal/recent surgery; Caroline Munize/Melvin’s aunt; Families & loved ones; Bonnie Blackburn/ Upcoming thyroid surgery; Ellen Roadman/Recent health issues; Emily McBeth; Ron & Faye/For Health, strength, and guidance; Beverly & Charles Garlick/Not well.
. Our efforts for Vacation Bible School this summer will feature a new approach. The program will be held on Wednesday evenings for 4 consecutive weeks, and the grand closing program on Sunday. * Dates are: Wednesday, July 12, 19, 26 & Aug. 2 With the closing on Sunday, the 6th. * Times are: 6:00 – 8:30 PM * Theme is: “ FINDING GLORY ”
Those wandering from the narrow way
Our Veterans, and current Service members
Those suffering for standing for Jesus