Week of June 4, 2017
The Young Hearts will meet this Tuesday at 10:00. Teresa Gallagher now qualifies for this 50 plus
The WCS Rummage Sale:
– The 10th … THIS COMING SATURDAY.
– Folks bringing items to donate are asked to take them down to the storage room under the stairs.
– Please, no TVs or computers screens.
– The Fellowship Hall will be set up for the sale the entire week prior to the 10th.
– RADA Cutlery can be ordered during the sale.
– There will also be baked goods available during thesale. IF YOU’D LIKE TO PREPARE SOME BAKED GOODS SHIRLEY, JUDY, AND PHYLLIS THANK YOU AHEAD OF TIME!!
Next Sunday we’ll receive a Love Offering for Camp Christian’s Project 20/20. This campaign has the goal of eliminating the loan for the new Millhouse, and the new bridge by the year 2020. Thanks for giving.
.Our first motorcycle trip is just 3weeks away. Also, this event is more than just a ride. For folks who won’t be riding we’ll be hosting a tailgate style cookout in our lot. The ride will conclude at the tailgate. Plan on riding or attending, plan your menu, invite others. Barry is our organizer. Saturday, June 24.
Our efforts for this summer’s Vacation Bible School will feature a new approach. The program will be held on Wednesday evenings for 4 consecutive weeks, and the grand closing program on Sunday.
* Dates are: Wed. July 12, 19, 26 & Aug 2. With the closing on Sunday the 6th.
* Times are: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
* Theme is: “ Finding Glory ”
T H E M E A S U R I N G C U P
* Review of May 7 I Peter 1: 3-9
May 14 Mother’s Day
May 21 Camp Day
May28 Memorial Day
* I Peter 1:13-16
* “Conform” =…. Buzzy’s book-ends
* “Be holy as He is holy”
* Possible areas of un-holiness
– BEHAVIOR (- alcohol/drugs/porn/media
– Ro. 6:11-13
– Ps. 19:7-13)
– THOUGHTS (- opposites of Ph. 4:8
– ATTITUDES (- immoral/against God/’self’
– Ph. 2:5
* The importance the VESSEL PRINCIPLE:
…. the measuring cup!
– II Tim. 2:19b-3:5
– 290 (4)
LAST WEEK: “GOD’S SPECIAL DAYS”
* Memory & memories… truly a gift from God. A gift
/ /7 ///////// of pleasure, and practicality.
* Memorial Day. A special day to honor and remember.
* Some of God’s favorite days:
1.The rainbow. Genesis 8:15-9:17
2.‘The Monument’. Joshua 3:1-4:9
3.The day of worship. Mark. 2:27 Gen. 2:3 Ex. 20:8-11
4.The day of Passover. Exodus 12:1-30
5.The Lord’s Supper. I Cor. 11:17-34 Matt. 26:17-30
.The communion preparation list has some open months!
VCC is developing a Facebook page, and upgrading the website (vanderbiltchurchofchrist.com), and we thank Teresa Gallagher and Lynn for helping in these projects.
Our thanks goes to numerous folks who have been helping with a handful of building upgrades. Things are looking great… and more improvements are in the works. If you’d like to help please see Joe, Bill G., or Mike G. THANKS!
The VISION 2020 Project – The Camp is working to eliminate the debt on the Millhouse, and the new bridge, by the year 2020. Camp-Christian.org
* Our Sympathy Goes To: Vaughn family, and others who have lost loved ones.
* Cancer: Kevin Fuson/Kay G’s cousin; Bill Little; Lisa Timms; Cindy McLaughlin/current testing concerns; Larry Hodge; Lou Moore; Tanya Gray; Tracy Gray; Tammy Garlick; Pete; Ellen Brown; Jim huey; Kim Harkins; Amy Kremposky; Merna Ulbach/set-backs; Roy Starr; Tom Jawoski; Doug Ward; Jamilynn Broadwater/15yr old relative of Marilyn Banko; Doug Ward; Frankie Jones; Wila Mogillie
* Various Concerns Jake & Joann Secrest; Tom Lonce; Darrel Thompson; Dorothy Lonce; Terri Winterhalter; Jessica Everly/Various issues; Ed Titterington/ Stroke; Aaron Yoder; Katie Pitts/For mental wellness; Silent/unspoken needs, folks with legal problems, & the lost; Our military & families; Ashley Azzardi; Katie Guynn; Dave Anderson (Stacey Kish’s father); Joanne Bryner; Adam Morgan/42yr. old, Guillain-Barre Syndrome/now in Chicago; Dawn Shahan; Tammy Haye/Recent stroke, in rehab; Marie Scarlett/Memorial service tomorrow for Glen; Charles Winkler (Uncle of Donna Bryner), Mini-stroke; Tiffany Adobato/Light stroke; Janet Frick; Scott Haye/; Larry Vilk; Irma O’Neal/recent surgery; Families & loved ones; Bonnie Blackburn/Thyroid surgery this past Thurs.; Ellen Roadman/Doing well; Emily McBeth/ Biopsy this past week; Ron & Faye/For health, strength, and guidance; Kathy Lint/Health & well being; Beverly & Charles Garlick/Not well; Ron Hodge; Flo Tartal/Pneumonia; Bobby Show/Post surgery issues; Marybeth Rutter/Post surgery issues; Folks making decisions, and those who need to make decsions; Sarah Pelc/Greg’s mom; Jennifer Emmerick/Mass/Tests; Red Bryner/Tests.
. Our efforts for Vacation Bible School this summer will feature a new approach. The program will be held on Wednesday evenings for 4 consecutive weeks, and the grand closing program on Sunday. * Dates are: Wednesday, July 12, 19, 26 & Aug. 2 With the closing on Sunday, the 6th. * Times are: 6:00 – 8:30 PM * Theme is: “ FINDING GLORY ”
Those wandering from the narrow way
Our Veterans, and current Service members
Those suffering for standing for Jesus