Week of July 2, 2017
This summer’s Vacation Bible School kicks off in a week and a half, and will feature a new approach. The program will be on Wednesday evenings for 4 consecutive weeks, and the grand closing program on Sunday morning the 6th of August.
Dates : Wed. July 12, 19, 26 & Aug 2. With the closing on Sunday the 6th.
Times : 6:00 – 8:30 pm Theme : “ Finding Glory ”
The Church Board will schedule a CongregationalMeeting in order to discuss: – The recent annual audit; – Recent changes to the Church Budget; – Some updating of the By-Laws.The date of that meeting will be announced for at least 2 weeks.
.“I would like to thank the WCS of the Vanderbilt Church of Christ for the beautiful vase of flowers they sent me, the flowers have pretty smiling faces. Thank you so much; And I’d also like to thank Kay Brower for the beautiful & thoughtful cards she continues to send me. Thank You! Sarah (‘Sally’) Pelc Greg’s note: Her address is: Sarah Pelc 214; Barnabas Free Care Home; 5827 Meridian Road; Gibsonia, Pa 15044-9404
Again we give our thanks to folks upgrading our property. Just this week the Jr. Youth Group addressed our various flower beds, and spread mulch. The Lobby project is just about complete and Mike Gualtieri (& helpers) get a big thumbs-up. Also, the carpet for the nursery was installed this past week.
L O O K I N G A H E A D
* VBS: Wednesdays: July 12, 19, 26 & Aug. 2
* Camp Quarterly Meeting: July 22
* “Senior Day” at Camp Christian: August 11
* Our Church Picnic: Sun., Aug. 13 @ Camp
* Annual “Tailgate Party” Sunday, Sept 10
We hold the Bible to be God’s written Word. We believe
it to be infallible… His Word without error.
We understand from the New Testament that accepting
Christ as one’s Savior and Lord involves:
1) Believing that Jesus is the risen Christ
2) Repenting or turning from one’s sins
3) Confessing one’s faith in Christ
4) Being buried like Christ in baptism
5) Living a faithful life
.The communion preparation list has some open months!
VCC is developing a Facebook page, and upgrading the website (vanderbiltchurchofchrist.com), and we thank Teresa Gallagher and Lynn for helping in these projects.
Our thanks goes to numerous folks who have been helping with a handful of building upgrades. Things are looking great… and more improvements are in the works. If you’d like to help please see Joe, Bill G., or Mike G. THANKS!
The VISION 2020 Project – The Camp is working to eliminate the debt on the Millhouse, and the new bridge, by the year 2020. Camp-Christian.org
* Cancer: Kevin Fuson/Kay G’s cousin; Bill Little; Lisa Timms; Cindy McLaughlin; Lou Moore; Tanya Gray; Tracy Gray; Tammy Garlick; Pete; Ellen Brown; Jim huey; Kim Harkins; Amy Kremposky; Merna Ulbach/set-backs; Roy Starr; Tom Jawoski; Doug Ward; Jamilynn Broadwater/15yr old relative of Marilyn Banko; Doug Ward; Arlene Thompson; Chuck Ansell; Kathy/Friend of Faith; Carolyn Means; Jack Heisterman/Melanoma/Treatment to be determined.
* Various Concerns: Jake & Joann Secrest; Tom Lonce; Darrell Thompson/breathing issues; Dorothy Lonce; Tom Lonce; Terri Winterhalter; Jessica Everly/Various issues; Ed Titterington/Stroke; Aaron Yoder; Katie Pitts/For mental wellness; Silent/unspoken needs, folks with legal problems, & the lost; Our military & families; Ashley Azzardi; Katie Guynn; Karen Lewellen; Charolet Fuson/Alzheimers Joanne; Adam Morgan/42yr. old, Guillain-Barre Syndrome/now in Chicago/scheduled to come home soon!; Dawn Shahan; Tammy Haye/Stroke; Tiffany Adobato; Janet Frick; Matthew Huff/18 year old waiting for heart transplant/relative of the Shreve’s; Irma O’Neal; Families & loved ones; Emily McBeth; Ron & Faye/For health, strength, and guidance; Beverly & Charles Garlick; Ron Hodge; Marybeth Rutter; Folks making decisions, and those who need to make decsions; Sarah Pelc/ Greg’s mom; Jennifer Emmerick/Tests; Genifer Grimplin; Our Veterans & their care; Larry Shallen– berger/Recent surgery; Amy Christner; Bill & Sandy Gallagher/Health concerns/Bill’s parents; Emily McBeth.
_. Our efforts for Vacation Bible School this summer will feature a new approach. The program will be held on Wednesday evenings for 4 consecutive weeks, and the grand closing program on Sunday. * Dates are: Wednesday, July 12, 19, 26 & Aug. 2 With the closing on Sunday, the 6th. * Times are: 6:00 – 8:30 PM * Theme is: “ FINDING GLORY ”
Those wandering from the narrow way
Our Veterans, and current Service members
Those suffering for standing for Jesus