Week of July 9, 2017
From the Masons: “Join us after Church for the celebration of the nuptials of Christina Mason and Justin Sims directly after the morning service. Light refreshments and cake will be served.”
This summer’s Vacation Bible School kicks off this Wednesday at 6:00pm and will feature a new approach. The program will be on Wednesday evenings for 4 consecutive weeks, and the grand closing program on Sunday morning, the 6th of August.
Dates : Wed. July 12, 19, 26 & Aug 2. With the closing on Sunday the 6th.
Times : 6:00 – 8:30 pm Theme : “ Finding Glory ”
The Church Board has scheduled a Congregational Meeting for Sunday July 23, in order to discuss:
– Sealing & striping both of our parking lots;
– The recent annual audit;
– Recent changes to the Church Budget;
– Some updating of the By-Laws.
Again we give our thanks to folks upgrading our property. Recently the Jr. Youth Group addressed our various flower beds, and spread mulch. The Lobby project is just about complete and Mike Gualtieri (& helpers) get a big thumbs-up. Also, the carpet for the nursery was installed this past week.
Our annual picnic at Camp Christian is just 5 weeks away (Aug. 13); And the annual Tailgate Party will be on Sunday, September 10.
L O O K I N G A H E A D
* Camp Quarterly Meeting: July 22
* “Senior Day” at Camp Christian: Fri., Aug. 11
* Our Church Picnic: Sun., Aug. 13 @ Camp
* Annual “Tailgate Party” Sunday, Sept 10
We hold the Bible to be God’s written Word. We believe
it to be infallible… His Word without error.
We understand from the New Testament that accepting
Christ as one’s Savior and Lord involves:
1) Believing that Jesus is the risen Christ
2) Repenting or turning from one’s sins
3) Confessing one’s faith in Christ
4) Being buried like Christ in baptism
5) Living a faithful life
.The communion preparation list has some open months!
VCC is developing a Facebook page, and upgrading the website (vanderbiltchurchofchrist.com), and we thank Teresa Gallagher and Lynn for helping in these projects.
Our thanks goes to numerous folks who have been helping with a handful of building upgrades. Things are looking great… and more improvements are in the works. If you’d like to help please see Joe, Bill G., or Mike G. THANKS!
The VISION 2020 Project – The Camp is working to eliminate the debt on the Millhouse, and the new bridge, by the year 2020. Camp-Christian.org
* Cancer: Kevin Fuson/Kay G’s cousin; Bill Little; Lisa Timms; Cindy McLaughlin; Lou Moore; Tanya Gray; Tracy Gray; Tammy Garlick; Pete; Ellen Brown; Jim huey; Cindy Huey; Kim Harkins; Amy Kremposky; Merna Ulbach/set-backs; Roy Starr; Tom Jawoski; Doug Ward; Jamilynn Broadwater/ 15yr old relative of Marilyn Banko; Doug Ward; Arlene Thompson; Chuck Ansell; Kathy/Friend of Faith; Carolyn Means; Jack Heisterman/ Melanoma/Treatment to be determined; Donnie Coleman/Vietnam Vet.
* Various Concerns: Jake & Joann Secrest; Tom Lonce; Darrell Thompson/breathing issues; Dorothy Lonce; Tom Lonce; Terri Winterhalter; Aaron Yoder; Silent/ unspoken needs, folks with legal problems, & the lost; Our military & families; Ashley Azzardi; Charolet Fuson/Alzheimers; Joanne; AdamMorgan/ 42yr. old, Guillain-Barre Syndrome/Now back at home here in Vanderbilt; Dawn Shahan; Tammy Haye/Stroke; Tiffany Adobato; Janet Frick/fusion this past week; Matthew Huff/18 year old waiting for heart transplant/relative of the Shreve’s; Families & loved ones; Ron & Faye/For health, strength, and guidance; Beverly & Charles Garlick; Folks making decisions, and those who need to make decsions; Sarah Pelc/Greg’s mom; Jennifer Emmerick/Tests; Genifer Grimplin; Our Veterans & their care; Larry Shallenberger/Recent surgery; Amy Christner; Bill & Sandy Gallagher/Health concerns/Bill’s parents; Emily McBeth/Now at home; Robin Gualtieri-Hunt/recent high blood pressure issues; Clem Siawantak/Heart issues, has been in CCU for over 60 days; Brenda Snyder/ Health & life issues, Melody Bryner’s mom; Joanne Bryner/Shingles.
. Our efforts for Vacation Bible School this summer will feature a new approach. The program will be held on Wednesday evenings for 4 consecutive weeks, and the grand closing program on Sunday. * Dates are: Wednesday, July 12, 19, 26 & Aug. 2 With the closing on Sunday, the 6th. * Times are: 6:00 – 8:30 PM * Theme is: “ FINDING GLORY ”
Those wandering from the narrow way
Our Veterans, and current Service members
Those suffering for standing for Jesus